We’ve had a wonderful time catching up with friends and family in the U.S. over the last two weeks. We’ve been so deep in conversations that, so far, we haven’t been very good at taking pictures! We’ll try to remedy that… in the meantime, here’s a list of places we’ve been so far:
- CBF General Assembly in Atlanta, Ga. – We saw so many folks we quickly lost count! From special meals like the BTSR dinner and Encourager Church breakfast, to times of worship and learning, to informal times of catching up with friends and colleagues over coffee… it was a refreshing and memorable time!
- Ash Camp Baptist in Keysville, Va. – This church has partnered with us since before we moved to Slovakia, and we were so glad to begin our summer sharing with them… though we were so saddened to hear that the pastor’s family, our dear friends Ted and Sylvia Smith, recently lost their son in a car accident. Please pray for them and the church community in this time of loss.
- Fourth of July with good friends near Williamsburg, Va.
- An event with several churches in Coastal Virginia, including Williamsburg Baptist, Westhaven Baptist, and Franklin Baptist. Many thanks to Betty Pugh Mills and the folks at Hampton Baptist for hosting us!
- A very hot 5-mile race on the beach in Norfolk, Va.!
- Three refreshing days with partner church Huguenot Road Baptist in Richmond, where we participated in worship services, met for dinner with past mission trip members (they’ve sent three teams), and shared with different groups in their Vacation Bible School
Here’s a list of events coming up in the next few days. We hope we can catch up with you while we’re here – if you’re anywhere near any of these events, or nearby in any of the in-between times, please stop by and see us!
- Sunday, July 16 – First Baptist of Gretna, Va. (AM) and Broadus Memorial Baptist in Charlottesville, Va. (PM)
- Sunday, July 23 – Kenbridge Baptist (AM)
- Monday, July 24 – Partner meeting in London, Ky. (PM)
- Wednesday, July 26 – University Baptist, Huntsville, Al. (PM)
- Sunday, July 30 – First Baptist Carrollton, Ga. (AM)