We haven’t posted as we’d hoped over the last few weeks – we’ve had a wonderful time catching up with friends and family all across the Southeast, and we look forward to a couple more weeks of travels, meetings and some rest before we head back to Slovakia. Here’s a rundown of where we’ve been…
Churches and Events
We’ve had a wonderful time reconnecting with partners in several places during July, including:
- First Baptist Gretna, Va.;
- Broadus Memorial in Charlottesville, Va.;
- Kenbridge Baptist in Kenbridge, Va.;
- First Baptist in London, Ky.;
- University Baptist in Huntsville, Al.;
- First Baptist in Carrollton, Ga.;
- Fellowship Baptist in Fitzgerald, Ga.;
- First Baptist in Williams, Al.
Beyond these events we’ve had many meetings with individuals and families. All in all, these times make us even more thankful for the “miracle of partnership.” We have enjoyed telling the story of what God’s doing in Slovakia, and we’re so very grateful for partners in many states who are a vital part of that work!
Time with Family and Friends
We’ve gotten to spend some time with each of our families over the summer, and other extended family members, and anticipate a little more of that time. Plus, we’ve been able to reconnect with dozens of good friends, many of whom we haven’t seen in years.
We’ve especially treasured the time the girls have been able to spend with their grandparents. Both our sets of parents are supportive of our family and work in so many ways, and we thank God for them!
We enjoyed a relaxing few days at the beach as a family, thanks to congregation of First Baptist St. Simons Island, Ga., whose mission house is only a couple of minutes’ walk from the beach. Our days there were filled with sandcastles, bike rides, family movies and seafood. We also enjoyed a couple of days with Tanya’s parents at Smith Mountain Lake, Va. thanks to some generous partners who found us a place to stay. We’ve had some good chances to breathe and be still in the middle of a busy summer!
Everywhere we go we are staying THANK YOU – to partners who support the work in Slovakia, to faith communities that give faithfully and are joining in mission in their own communities, and to friends and partners who have opened up their homes to us this summer and provided experiences for our family.
Here’s our schedule for the rest of our time in the U.S. If you’re near any of these events, please join us!
- Aug. 12-15 – In Birmingham, Al. area
- Sun., Aug. 13 – Crosscreek Baptist in Pelham, Al. (AM service)
- Aug. 16-18 – at CBF offices in Decatur, Ga.
- Aug. 19-28 – in Louisville, Ky. area
- Mon., Aug. 21 – St. Matthews Baptist in Louisville, Ky. (PM dinner)
- Tues. Aug. 29 – Depart for Slovakia