June 2-10, 2018
Want to come visit us and see firsthand what God is doing here in Slovakia, but don’t have a team to come with? Want a chance to meet and minister with and to people from another culture? Want your church to send a team, but need a chance for someone to “scout it out” first?
If so, then you’re exactly why we’ve designed an experience called MissionConnect. Individuals and groups from different churches will come together here in Slovakia from June 2-10, 2018. Here are the kinds of things we’ll be doing:
- Planning and leading fun activities for International Children’s Day in different locations
- Worshiping in a local Roma congregation
- Practicing English with both beginning and advanced learners
- Meeting different people who are working to bring positive spiritual change here in Slovakia
- Learning together about culture and what it means to be on mission with God
That’s the basics. Here are some more details:
Over our years here we’ve talked with numbers of people who want to come on their own, with their spouse, or in smaller groups. It’s sometimes hard to make a trip like that happen without a team to be a part of… so we’ll create the team for you. All you have to do is get here!
How Much Will it Cost?
The estimated cost per person is your own airfare (usually $1000-1200) – we’ll help you find and book your own tickets, since people will be coming from different places. On-the-ground expenses are an estimated $600 – that will cover all food, lodging and transportation costs on the ground here in Slovakia.
What’s Required Before I Come?
You’ll need to make sure you have a valid passport. We’ll have at least two online meetings, and some reading/writing to do before you arrive, and as the time gets closer we’ll need help from a few participants for planning and getting materials for activities.
But What If…
- I’m interested, but I’m not sure yet. Even if you aren’t 100% sure yet, please contact us so we can know who’s interested.
- I’m interested in the trip, but the dates don’t work. Contact us and let us know what dates would work for you. If we have enough interest we may be able to organize a second trip.
- I’m interested in coming, but I’m not sure about the financial part. We believe – because we’ve seen it firsthand many times – that if God wants you to come, God will find a way to make it happen. Contact us and we’ll work together on some ways to raise the funds you need.
- I’d like to join MissionConnect before/after a trip to somewhere else in Europe. No problem, let us know what you’d like to do and we’ll help you figure out the details. Note that there’s also a possibility to visit Auschwitz Concentration Camp in Poland connected with this trip.
Have more questions we haven’t thought of? Contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org – or look us up on Skype (jonandtanyaparks) if you’d like to chat about it through voice/video.
Here’s a flyer you can use to advertise the trip in your church. And below is a quick video “trailer” for the experience.