We depend on donations from partners like you to live and minister here in Slovakia. Our donors truly are “partners” – without your faithful contributions and prayers, we could not do what God has called us to do here. You are just as important to God’s work here as we are!
Would you like to be a part of what God’s doing here? We would be honored by your partnership! There are two ways you can do that:
Give through the Offering for Global Missions (OGM) – If you’re a member of a CBF congregation, please give generously to the Offering for Global Missions . OGM supports the presence of field personnel doing God’s work all around the world. This is a vitally important part of our funding – beginning October 2017, approximately 70% of our funding will come through OGM. If you make a regular or one-time contribution to OGM in our honor, we’ll be notified of your gift and we’ll consider you part of our financial team. Here’s how to do that:
- Click here or on the image at right to go to the OGM giving page.
- Be sure to check the box to designate your gift in honor of someone, and put our names in the form.
- Fill out the rest of the form and click “Give Now.” Be assured that CBF handles your financial information securely, and you’ll receive confirmation of your tax-deductible contribution.
Give to our Partner-Funded Account – The other 30% (approximately) of our funding comes from individuals and families who provide direct contributions to our Mission Programming Account on a regular basis. You can do that through our CBF giving website – you’ll find that site at this link. There you’ll also find information for giving by check.
If you’re interested in seeing a simplified version of our budget for 2017-2018, follow this link.
Curious about how it all works? See below for more information on how we’re funded through CBF.
More About Our Funding
When we first moved to Slovakia, we were Partner-Funded – raising 100% of our costs for living and ministry here. We were amazed to see how God provided for our needs through many people and churches that wanted to join in the work God’s doing here. We’re thankful that God has connected us to such a large community of people like you, who want to see God’s kingdom spread among the Roma of Slovakia!
As of October 1, 2017, our sending organization (Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, CBF) is switching to a new model of funding. From that date, all Field Personnel with CBF will be funded the same way through two different streams:
- Mission PRESENCE – This portion of our support covers everything it takes for us to be present here – our living expenses, housing, salary, retirement, insurances and schooling for our girls. This portion will now be covered by the national CBF Offering for Global Missions. This is an essential part of our funding – after all, if we can’t be here, then we can’t do the work here. We’re grateful for the stability this provides as we follow where God leads!
- Mission PROGRAMMING – This portion of our support covers everything it takes for us to do the work here – costs for ministry materials, ongoing programs, travel expenses, training and equipment that makes our ministry easier (computers and vehicles, for example). We will continue to raise support for these things as we have in the past – through direct gifts by partners like you.
We created a page to explain more about this new funding model – go there (follow this link) to learn more about it.
More Thoughts About Giving
Your giving doesn’t have to be a simple credit-card charge or check – it can be as creative as you want it to be! Here are some ideas we’ve encountered that might make you think differently about giving…
- Giving Something Up: The Roma people we’ll be working with very often do not have enough money for proper food, heat in the winter, and other necessities. What might you and your family give up so that these impoverished people can have more?
- An example: A family of four might spend an average of $40 on a meal at a restaurant. Could you give up one meal “out” a month?
- Budget-Specific Gifts: Look through our budget, and find an area that you would specifically like to give toward. For instance, some people have asked us how they can show their support for the girls, and we’ve encouraged them to think about helping to provide for their schooling (this will cost around $4,400 a year).
- Honor/Memorial Gifts: Give in honor or in memory of someone. This is a wonderful way to honor someone you love and respect – make a donation in their honor. It’s a great Christmas gift idea for the “person who already has everything.” If you let us know that you want to do this, we will be glad to send a card to the person you are honoring!
- Gifts of Time and Abilities: Give of your time and/or your skills. We will need people here in the US who can do specific things for us.
- Are you a doctor or dentist who could be “on call” in case we have a question?
- Can you print and mail newsletters for us?
- There’s no way we can anticipate ALL the needs here, but if you have an ability or time and want to share it with us, please let us know and we’ll let you how you can help!
Remember that all gifts (single and monthly) given through the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship are tax-deductible.