Two items here – Passports and Requirements for Volunteer Service. Please look over both sections carefully.
Because you’re traveling out of the country, you’ll need a passport. In fact, you can’t even book a flight here without one!
- If you already have a passport, make sure it is valid until at least three months after your trip. If not, you’ll need to renew it. Follow this link to the U.S. State Department website on passport renewal.
- If you don’t yet have a passport, APPLY FOR ONE IMMEDIATELY. Here’s the link to the U.S. State Department Passport website.
Once you have your passport, please scan the page with your picture and information, and send it to us (jparks (AT) cbf.net). We’ll keep it on file in case something happens while you’re here.
Please note that no special visa or permit is required for your trip – you’re allowed to stay in most European countries for 90 days without any special permit.
The following are requirements for serving with any CBF Field Personnel.
All participants must fill out a team member application and submit a signed and witnessed release waiver.
- Go to the application form at this link.
- You can complete waiver electronically by clicking here.
- If you prefer a paper version of the waiver, you may download it by clicking here.
Please note that all adults (18+) will be required to have a criminal background check as part of this process.
The group leader is required to fill out a separate form – complete the International Group Leader application by clicking here.
Working With Children? If so, you may be asked to complete a brief child-protection training program. The CBF office will contact you about this.
Travel Insurance, while not required, is strongly recommended to all CBF volunteers. Click here for more information.